Saturday, August 4, 2012

favorites of the week.

This week went by pretty fast. I wasn't necessarily busy, but there were quite a few little things that seemed to fill up my week. First, of course, I have been all-consumed by the Olympics. I DVR everything that I can't watch (or am not awake for) and spend a good amount of my day playing catch-up, rooting for Team USA...and occasionally throwing a couple others in there. Then over the weekend I found a little kittykat wondering around in the busy road with no collar or microchip, so we took her in (well, ok, I took her in) and she stayed with us for 4 days until we finally found her owner. It was a bittersweet parting - I always wanted to find her home but, in the end, we fell in love with her...even her loud, crotchety old lady meow. There was also a great spur-of-the-moment trip to the zoo, some new local food discoveries, and the realization that I can, in fact, keep my garden blooming - one petal at a time.
All in all, a pretty good week.

An all-too-relatable view of the Olympics, living here in Seattle.
super excited about the new Turkish food truck down the street!
My favorite animals, tied with elephants.
The super soft and dearly missed lil' kitty.
Poppies that I'm super proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment